Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Angel's Game: 3 Stars

 
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I must admit, I was torn on how to rate this book. I adored The Shadow of the Wind more than most books I have read in quite a few years. The author still writes with a beauty that I envy. His words seem to glide off the paper. 

However, this book took too long to catch my attention. Also, the main character went from likable to unlikable around the time the story picked up. Once the story picked up, it became difficult to follow and I found myself re-reading whole sections just to try and keep up. 

The end was.....well...disappointing, confusing, and flat out creepy. I hear the next book helps explain this one. I will have to give it a try. 

Based on the writing alone, I would have given this 5 stars, but based on the plot, 1 star. I compromised and gave it 3 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment