Monday, November 25, 2013

Making Up For Monday: Book Recommendation



Its time for the weekly fun of Making Up For Monday!

What book/author recommendation are you thankful you received this year?

This year has been a fun journey for me as far as books go.  Most years I read 3-5 books. This year I will finish the year well above 100 books! Since there was a dramatic increase in my reading, I needed a lot of recommendations to get me through.  I still have a long list to get through, but have found some wonderful books and authors so far.

I decided that the book I am most grateful for the recommnedation is:

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Why this book over the rest?  Simple.  Without the recommendation, I seriously would have never even considered reading it. My good friend Heidi recommended this to me.  I saw it at the library one day and grabbed it, never reading the back.  Once I started the book, all I could think was "Does she not know me?  This is so not my kind of book."  But I kept listening to it.  Boy, am I glad I did.  This is a very fun read that I thoroughly enjoyed! And I never would have without a recommendation from a friend.  Thanks Heidi!

 



Check out more from Making Up For Mondays! 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this book as well. Another hit for Sophie Kinsella :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the only one I have read of hers so far, but it won't be the last!

      Delete