Monday, January 13, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Memories





Time for Making Up For Monday!

Question: What was the first book you remember reading or being read to you?

For me, this is definitely Spooky Old Tree.  My Dad used to read it to me when I was a kid, as well as the rest of siblings.  In fact, my siblings and I can recite it word for word.  We get this book for nearly everyone we know who is having a baby.  It's a fantastic book.



As far as reading a book on my own, I remember the Goosebump series more than any other books. The book that stick out in my mind is The Night of the Living Dummy.  Man, I loved these books.



Check out more from Making Up For Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Here's the link for my blog post for Making Up For Monday:
    http://saptarshiprachi-alltimebookreader.blogspot.com/2014/01/making-up-for-monday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mister Linky wasn't working yesterday, but should be ready again by next week!

      Delete
  2. Wow, talk about pure nostalgia...our reading experiences as young kids is eerily similar! My dad also used to read me the Berenstain bear books all the time before bed and the Goosebumps craze swept my middle-school years when it seemed so important to collect every book in the series and read them all religiously. Good times.

    ReplyDelete