Thursday, April 17, 2014

Killing Floor: 3 Stars


The Killing Floor by Lee Child


This is the first in the Jack Reacher series. I must admit, my first introduction to Jack Reacher was Tom Cruise and well...that killed any interest I had in the books.  But my dad swore up and down the books were better so I read one. I was pleasantly surprised at how Jack Reacher was NOTHING like Tom Cruises' portrayal (thank goodness) and thought I'd try the first book.

Jack Reacher steps off a bus in a small town and is immediately arrested for murder, even though he had never been to this town before.  It doesn't take him long to realize that something much bigger is going on here and he's the one man who has the skill and ability to figure it out.

This was a fun read. It's a little cookie-cutter for me and I am guessing all the Jack Reacher novels fit into some kind of mold.  However, it was an enjoyable read that keeps you guessing until the end.

Rating: PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment