Sunday, August 31, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Does size matter?



It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
What is the longest book you have ever read? Was is worth the length?

I decided to list the top two longest books I have ever read because my response to them was very different.

1. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas at 1,276 page:

This book is long and the language is complex.  There are even points in the book where he just starts talking in French, without giving you a translation. The book took me FOREVER to read, BUT it was totally worth it!  The book was amazing and captivating.  The characters have incredible depth and complexity.  Its a brilliant book and I loved it!

2. It by Stephen King at 1,090 pages:


I had never read Stephen King before this book and was eager to be thrilled and terrified. Instead I was appalled and disgusted. I hated this book for one scene. That scene totally and completely destroyed anything good I thought about the book.  It was towards the end and I nearly quit reading right then and there. I will never read him again.  I just couldn't handle it.

What about you?  What is your biggest conquest and was it worth it?


No comments:

Post a Comment