Sunday, August 10, 2014

Making up For Monday: Most Recommended




It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
What books would you recommend most?

Today is my birthday, so I decided to pick a topic that let me talk about my favorite books (rather than think about the fact that my 20's are officially behind me).

There are a few books that I find myself recommending all the time (and am slightly disappointed when I discover that someone took me up on the recommendation and didn't like it). 

1. Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick:  If you are a regular reader of this blog, mentioning this book does not surprise you.  I read this over a year ago and I STILL love it.  Its one of those books that struck me to my core.
The Silver Linings Playbook

2. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon: College really killed my reading ability. When 99.9% of the reading you do is a textbook, reading for fun really doesn't seem, well, fun. This book revived my passion for reading that had been dormant for YEARS.

The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books,  #1)

3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee: Hands down my favorite book EVER! I met a book store owner who told me that if I loved the book so much, I could try buying as many different copies as I could find and collect them.  I have been obsessed with the idea ever since. 

To Kill a Mockingbird

What do you recommend?




1 comment:

  1. Since this is my first chance to read blogs this week, I'm kind of Making Up For Friday! But I find myself recommending the book Ready Player One a lot these days, especially to children of the 80s.

    ReplyDelete