Sunday, November 16, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Book Buying





It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
How do you choose a book to buy (recommendations, book covers, back summary, etc.)?

This is a tough one and depends on where I am shopping. I prefer used books. I like them because I feel like they have a history and I liked reading a book that once entertained someone else. It makes me feel like the book's usage isn't wasted on one person reading it once. Depending upon where I am used book shopping, I can get these books for fairly cheap (another huge perk of buying used).  When they are used and cheap, just about any book could be purchased. If it looks interesting, if I like the author, if I like the cover, if I read it before and liked it, if someone I know read it and liked it, etc., are many of the reasons I may buy a used book.

New books are totally different. New books are not cheap.  They are actually quite spendy. I rarely buy them for this reason. But, if the book's plot really calls to me, then I will buy it. If I really like the author and trust them, then I will buy it. If someone I trust tells me I will love it, I will likely buy it. Outside of that, I usually don't buy new books.  I am a cheapskate and go to the library instead!

What about you?  What makes you want to buy a book?




I am hosting a Mystery Book Giveaway!  
Hurry, event ends soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment